Magnate

Member Since Jul 2011
128 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 20, 2018 at 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkDNA View Post
yes eventually I learned that those people calling me those names and such were doing what they had to do to stay In their own safe little bubble... where former t would never do such despicable acts. it was better and easier for them to say it never happened or that I caused it all to happen... that I was the one who exploited and abused him for financial reasons

but yeah... I can sort of see why they thought and said those things. it would be horrific to think someone you thought you knew could do such things. like as horrific as it was for me when I learned that those things he did were exploitative and abusive, and that it wasnt actually love at all.
Frankly, I don't understand why those who created the website allowed people to post comments under specific cases.

On my website I don't have a comment section under people's personal stories. I only allow comments under the articles. The last thing the traumatized people need is to read everyone's input on their stories. While there would certainly be those who'd understand, support and validate, there would also be more than enough hurtful and judgmental commentary to traumatize the person, who's already been through a lot. We don't live in a highly conscious world where people are willing to look at the reality and to honestly examine it.

I am at the point where I finally stopped looking for validation and support from others. I know what happened to me. I know who was responsible for what. What I know is what I need to know. Everyone else's opinion is inconsequential to me.

Bernie Sanders/Tulsi Gabbard 2020
Ididitmyway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
precaryous