Comfy Sedation

Member Since Sep 2012
8,149 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 21, 2018 at 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parva View Post
I got that in a summary statement from her attorney. Said her level of care exceeded standards and that I was a manipulative patient. Called the sex abuse an "unfortunate lapse in judgement". I must be pretty psychopathic to be able to manipulate a decades-long experienced trauma therapist into a sexual relationship with me. Mea culpa. My bad. I'll take that one. Etc...

I know some states in the US have criminalized sexual misconduct; mine hasn't, although twice it was tried and twice the licencing board lobbied hard against the bill. Said they had everything under control so the legislation was redundant. Now predatory therapists in my state can operate with impunity. Even the insurance companies are protected since they just rescind the policy. Even if the board yanks the license permanently (which it almost never does), the therapist can just call themselves a 'life coach' and continue on uninterrupted. Most of them don't have enough money to make a law suit meaningful, so you settle for some ******** little amount and a non-disclosure agreement, further protecting the predatory therapist.

Rant concluded. Apologies for the thread hijack...

Hi JunkDNA...I'm just winding down my actual fight, but the internal struggle continues (as you well understand.) It's been crazy, and illuminating, and sad. It did give me the push to go back for a masters in social work. I want to advocate for policy change in this area, and in child abuse. I would give anything for all of us to be able to form a lobby group and start beating on legislators to take this seriously.
yes my former t license was revoked permanently but I saw that he was working as a clinical director at another facility. I emailed the board and thry said he doesn't have to have a license to do that as long as he's not working directly with clients. the man wrote he's extremely sensitive to what happened with former t and to provide proof if I come across any that former t is practicing without a license

his insurance had a specific clause in their policy that did not cover any kind of sexual malpractice. I basically got money to shut up and go away. some ppl get millions of dollars for what seems trivial compared to my ordeal. it angers me orf course but such is life u

I'm glad you're healing