View Single Post
lizardlady
Legendary

Member Since Nov 2002
7,521 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 25, 2018 at 10:24 AM

Have y'all seen the video that is going viral of a woman at a mall going off on a service dog handler for telling her that her daughter could not pet service dogs?

A group of service dog handlers met at a mall for training purposes for the dogs. A mother with a two year old asked one of the handlers if her daughter could pet the dog. The handler responded with an abrupt "no." The mother then proceeds to go off about how rude the handler was. The dogs were all wearing their working vests with patches that say "Do not pet." She ended up getting mall security involved. Hehe, security told her that you're not allowed to pet working dogs.

What really got me watching the video (in addition to her childish, self-entitled rant) was the way she treated her daughter. As she's ranting at the handlers she's got the child slung over hip like a sack of potatoes. Then she tries to jam the kid into her stroller and gives up when the child won't go in. Hmm, wonder where the child learned that behavior?

There is a training facility for service dogs for people who are deaf not far from me. As a result we frequently see dogs in training in stores, etc. I'll admit that when I see one of the Golden Retriever pups out in public I get all gushy inside, but I also know not to pet them or distract them from their training.

Here's a link to a story about the self-entitled idiot that includes the video.

"Entitled" Mom Throws Fit After Woman Won'''t Let Her Pet Service Dog
lizardlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Nammu, Travelinglady, unaluna