Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 27, 2018 at 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiness187055 View Post
I am lucky to have a benzo friendly doctor. I have quite a few extra bottles because I have only taken half of what I have been prescribed. So if I need to do a slow detox I have enough pills to cover it.

Because of my situation I went cold turkey. My doctor retired and said nothing to me and naively I signed on with new insurance and just had to stop cold turkey. I think I was shocked because I was so naive at the time and knew nothing about the controversy.

I have to say going cold turkey was no big deal. But then I quit smoking cigarettes and because I no longer had benzo's I started to get panic attacks. I quelled that with a lot of wine...which I later stopped. I no longer drink alcohol. What really stopped the panic attacks was guided meditation sessions which I did with a CD for four months.

I am a big believer now in alternatives because you might have a benzo friendly doctor now...but you may not in the future.

My doctor, an endocrinologist, was so fantastic. I felt really cared for and by a real professional. Then suddenly he announced his retirement and things really went downhill after that. Now I try to stay on the holistic side...because I have control.

Good luck. I wish I had stockpiled.

DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Guiness187055