Grand Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2015
1,667 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 30, 2018 at 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sans Nom View Post
I have a huge problem which is constant self-pitying. It's connected to my low self-esteem. Nothing is working in my life because of them, not socially or professionally, and when nothing works, I continue the self-pitying and my self-esteem gets worse, and on goes my life in a downward spiral. I am not sure where people get their self-esteem and worth from. I feel I have no intrinsic worth, and my existence is just a waste of time for me and of resources to others.
Perhaps you have issues that need exploring and more feelings to express? You seem to be very hard on yourself and that's not good for you. Look for your worth. I see that you are a person who reaches out for help and is looking for answers and that is good about you. Have you tried making a gratitude list and a list of all your good qualities? I have done that and it helps me to do it on an often basis. I'm sorry nothing is working in your life; not much is working in mine either in terms of what is socially what is supposed to be working. But we can find things that show us that we are worthy and useful and good people. I know you are a good person who cares about things and is looking for solutions. I am, too, and often have self esteem and self worth problems, too. Don't give up, you are worth it!

Medications: Risperidone-1 mg.daily, Propranolol-20 mg. daily, Gabapentin-600 mg daily, Melatonin-3 mg. at bedtime, Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg., One A Day Vitamins,
LucyD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote