View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Dec 30, 2018 at 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefullyLost1211 View Post
Are you currently medically overweight Emily, or would you rather not talk about that? No judgment here
Yes. Just over the obese line. This seems to be my set point. Where my body has always naturally returned to.

There is nothing I haven't tried.
- Weight watchers
- Calorie counting
- Nutri Sytem
- HMR (liquid diet)

Drugs
- Phentermine
- Belviq

Exercise
- classes
- running
- gym

I can absolutely lose weight but, two things happen
(1) my metabolism reduces substantially
(2) I get to a point 30 lbs before goal where I cannot lose one more lb.

I have even spent over a year just eating very little JUST to maintain or try to lose and eventually you won't be able to strictly control the food you eat or your environment and you gain quickly. We are talking 10 lbs in two weeks.

I have become convinced that it is my bodies ability to reduce its metabolism in response to a perception of less food actually is the problem and I will never lose weight until I find a way around it.

For the new year I am going to try a "reverse diet" which will have me reduce for 14 days (lose a lb) and then eat maintenance calories for two weeks. Hopefully this will lead to lasting weight loss and tricking my body.

I am also trying Medical Marijuana which apparently has been shown to cause increases in metabolism (and my sister lost 40 lbs on it without trying).
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous57363, Sunflower123