View Single Post
Anonymous55879

Default Dec 31, 2018 at 06:52 AM

I will be ringing in the New Year at my part time job. Since it is a holiday, they will be paying time and a half and I expect to be working about ten hours. In February, they are also sending a group of us (including me) to work at the Superbowl and the pay is very good for that event. I don't expect to be put in a position where I see the game but who knows where I will be working while I am there.

My temporary, full time job is over but it didn't have to be. With either my husband or I having to take the bus, he asked me to quit 2 weeks before it was scheduled to end. I agreed. The good thing about it was that I was able to be there in a very stress free way for my family during the holidays. I am still needing to help my son. The bad was I really enjoyed that job and when I was mailing a gift to my dad at the post office, I ran into the coworker that sat next to me in class and in our call center. She said the three of them who were left were extended until the end of January and there is the possibility it could go a bit longer than that. It was so good to see her--as usual, we talked and laughed. She programmed her phone number into my phone but I haven't called her yet. I ate an entire package of Walker's Shortbread the next day because I was so sad not to work there with my three friends until that job ended. Yet, I know it is not all bad. I have more time to take care of myself (I have a lot of doctor appointments scheduled for 2019 including physical therapy) and there is an issue going on with my son that I have to attend to. My husband is making good money right now and my family is more important than socializing at work but I do like having a job, making my own money and being out among other people. Some day?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous45023, MickeyCheeky, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Wild Coyote