View Single Post
PyschCentral_User25

Member Since Feb 2018
3 hugs
given
Default Jan 01, 2019 at 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLifeFantastic View Post
Test are standardized by a bunch of people who think that this is the way it should work (They make a lot of money doing this, and if you keep paying they profit). Some of us don't function in the way they think. I'm Dyslexic I have never been good at taking certain tests. On the other hand there are some test I destroy. There are so many things that go into being *smart* that it's up to the individual to decide what that is. I ask myself am I just a bunch of numbers or due I measure by other means?
Thank you for replying back to me, and again — just like everyone else, I wanted to apologize for replying late. Also, thank you for stating that. I feel that standardized tests just cost money, and don’t necessarily measure intelligence levels. I mean, I agree that if “most” people have made it this far since standardized tests have been out, they’re effective, just not effective for me or certain people/groups.

But I definitely get what you mean — and I mean, of course, there are other routes to getting into college, and of course, one test doesn’t necessarily define our intelligence just like you said haha.

Thank you.
PyschCentral_User25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky