View Single Post
ScarletPimpernel
Wise Elder

Member Since Nov 2013
6,432 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 04, 2019 at 12:12 AM

I know this topic has been posted many many times, but if you could please help me with it especially if you know my past/current situation.

I don't know what modalities I should be looking for. I'm thinking DBT? But I think my T said something about psychoanalytic or psychodynamic? I know I don't want CBT.

What other questions should I ask?

I should probably bring up that I have BPD? And my extreme attachment to T. Should I say that I don't want to attach to the new T?

I know I should ask about emails and phone calls. I need a T who can be there outside of session. But I don't think I need to ask about hugs. Or should I? What if I do become attached and want a hug?

Should I find someone who I might be able to attach to? This new T will hopefully be my backup T for a long time. A part of me is against attachment, but maybe it could be healthy?

Should I choose a man or a woman? I think I'll get attached to a woman. An older woman would probably create transference which I really don't want. And I'm afraid if I get attached to a man, it will be hard for me to not get it confused with attraction.

I feel overwhelmed with emotions. I don't want to do this. But I have to. I can't survive 6 months without a T. Everyone knows this. Even my dad who somehow thinks there's nothing wrong with me, knows I need a T.

Please, again, keep in mind that this is a backup T, I have BPD, and I get attached to people.

Hugs from:
growlycat, LonesomeTonight, rainbow8, seeker33

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127