Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 04, 2019 at 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorryOozit View Post
Did he actually use the word "*****"? This would really bother me. I seem to remember him referencing "blue balls" recently as well, in relation to your partner's "need" for sexual contact. For me, this is acutely patriarchal and misogynist language and indicates a male-centric/female-marginalising approach. This would be a deal-breaker for me, regardless of his other significant failings.

I appreciate that you will probably feel differently, but I don't want this kind of de-valuing language about women to go unnoticed, even if others don't baulk at it.
He did use that word, but I wouldn't be surprised if I'd used that word with him at some point as well. I feel maybe it's more common in the US? I mean, I use it at times (though...I don't know, is that different because I'm a woman?) I didn't personally feel offended by it because of the context in which it was used. And in terms of cursing, I didn't include this in the writeup, but I used the F-word like 5 times that session, to the point that I said at one point, "Wow I'm cursing a lot today."

I'm not sure I see the blue balls as necessarily being particularly sexist, as he said it's not like H was dealing with that effect. He wasn't all "Oh, you're giving him blue balls!" He was supportive of my being in control of how often I want/have sex and basically being like, "Eh, H will be OK, he can take care of himself." It would be completely different if he'd acted like I owed him sex or something.
Possible trigger:

So I can see where it would offend some people, certainly. And it might be different if I'd just started seeing him. But I feel we're at a point in the relationship where I've shown to him (again, partly by things I've also said) that I'm OK with it. Should some of those words maybe not be part of the language in general? Sure, OK. But I feel in the context and limited times my T uses them, it's all good. If others would choose not to see him because of it, that's fine, then don't see him.

Thanks for this!
LabRat27, Out There