View Single Post
Anonymous32498

Default Mar 09, 2008 at 06:36 PM

Juliaspavlov:

I have been praised on my parenting, but, I have also made mistakes. I have come from a troubled family background and that was perhaps my best motivator to NOT do what I saw others in my family and community do.

Other influences come from the outside community. A child's well-being can also be determined by the community they interact with....racism, disability discrimination, uptight status anxiety in the neighbourhood...violence, economic hardship, even a teacher or two can have negative or positive influence as well as doctors, lawyers, counsellors etc. It is a difficult world with high expectations of both the children and parents.

My biggest success was in helping my kids feel confident communicating with me. My biggest mistake was allowing too relaxed an atmosphere and not enough ambition or determination. My oldest son has little motivation to try hard at things.

Personally, I think we can all be good parents if we can be humble and accept help, and if there is help available for the needs we have in our community.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote