LabRat27
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2018
2,354 hugs
given
Default Jan 07, 2019 at 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echos Myron redux View Post
Extra session. I wouldn't say the issue I am having with my therapist is resolved but at least after that session I have more clarity on what actually needs resolving. I asked him if he was uncomfortable when I said that I felt he likes me and that has helped my self-worth in the rest of my life (i said it last week) He said he was because he felt I was projecting something on to him. I said it seems like I was expressing internalising acceptance, how is that projection? He said he thought there was an element of my idealising him in there, and he doesn't want to "fuel the transference". I was pretty angry, not because I feel he should fuel the transference, but because he's said LOADS of things more transference-fuelling than liking me. Like "I'm not ready for you to leave" and "of course I feel love for you" so why the **** is now the moment to start worrying about fuelling transference? I did manage to express some of this. But then I let him off the hook bit. But there's still a lot to resolve.
Not to be judgey of your T (because I know I definitely feel like I'm allowed to criticize my T but don't necessarily like when other people do), but I definitely felt irked on your behalf reading this.
Did he apologize/backtrack at all? I hope things can get somewhat resolved...

Hugs from:
Echos Myron redux

Thanks for this!
Echos Myron redux, susannahsays