View Single Post
WishfulThinker66
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
117 hugs
given
Default Jan 08, 2019 at 06:30 AM

I have no trouble standing up for the underdog. I will jump into action to advocate for a person being wronged. Yet, when it comes to standing up for myself I completely wimp out. I can't say a thing even when I am clearly being wronged.

You are all likely familiar with my work situation. If it was happening to someone else I would do everything in my power to try and make the situation right yet I can't speak up about my own. I offer too yesterday's experience at the hair salon. The woman managed to shower me during the shampoo with cold water all over my face, and my clothing down to my shoes (we had to use a blow dryer to dry me off before I could leave). She also hacked my hair to an inch long (nothing like what I described or showed her). I could not bring myself to speak up. Had it been someone else I would have done so. Yet I did not. I quietly paid an expensive bill I shouldn't have had to. To make it worse, I tipped her too. I cried all the way home for not only did I look like crap, i knew I had acted ridiculously like a wimp when any other person would have stood up for themself.

My inner voice is that of my mother admonishing me. When things like this happened to me as I was growing up she always found some reason to tell me it was my fault. She also was adamant that one not draw uneccessary attention to themself. So when situations like this arrive, I shut up and endure it all. Afterall (in her voice) I keep telling myself if I make a fuss, "What would people think?"

Can anyone relate to this? How do you cope with it? How far would you let things get before finally reacting?
WishfulThinker66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949, Anonymous49426, beauflow, Bill3, Fuzzybear, MickeyCheeky, mote.of.soul