sophiebunny
Veteran Member

Member Since Jan 2019
77 hugs
given
Default Jan 09, 2019 at 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkside8 View Post
I'm not used to expressing my thoughts and feelings - it makes me very uncomfortable. I've not done it before, nor have I, growing up, seen many people around me do it. But I understand how important it is for my T to understand how I'm really feeling in order for us to move forward. I'm thinking of writing down what it is that I am really struggling with at the moment and then asking her to have a read during our next session. That itself does make me feel a little uncomfortable as I want to feel confident enough to share it all through words, but the sad reality is that if I do try to speak about it, I'll keep it too short and simple.

Anyone ever wrote things down for your T to read? How has that experience been like? Did it in any way make it easier to eventually begin to feel more comfortable expressing yourself verbally?
I write for both my therapist and my psychiatrist. The written word is my best communication tool. Sometimes I'm completely nonverbal but through my pen I can communicate really important information. It's particularly helpful with my psychiatrist because I don't have as much time with him as with my therapist. He's very receptive and it has really fast forwarded my healing.
sophiebunny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote