Magnate

Member Since Apr 2018
1,834 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 10, 2019 at 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberful View Post
Echoes your therapist is doing something caring, quite the opposite of what it may seem. You've idealized him a lot and for a long time. It's not surprising that addressing it (ie the artificial quality of the relationship) leads to anxiety buy I think he's doing it for your benefit, for sure.
I think you are missing something about what's happening. We have always, always discussed the disparity between my feelings and the reality. I am well aware of the transference nature of my feelings and we discuss it a lot. I don't get the sense my therapist is doing something uncaring and I'm not sure where you read that. I also don't think he's talking about the "artificial quality" of the relationship.

My issue with him last session was around the inconsistency in approach but we resolved that yesterday. I don't get the sense he is doing anything different to what he has always done, nor do I think I am under any illusion about the nature of my feelings towards him.

Thanks for taking the time to post but you have missed the thrust of the session I think.

Thanks for this!
circlesincircles, LabRat27