Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 12, 2019 at 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susannahsays View Post
I have witnessed some ugly shoes on the feet of therapists and psychiatrists, but nothing as heinous as nylons with sandals. I have also noticed a propensity for therapists to wear large, clunky necklaces. The last therapist and the last psychiatrist both had a pair of little boots that I hated. I want to say the current therapist has a pair, too, but I think I might be imagining that. If she does, she hasn't worn them in a while.

On the topic of pictures, in my area at least, very few therapists get a professional picture. Some of them have truly terrible ones that are really blurry, have other people in it, look like they were taken during a night out (this is really popular for some reason), and ones where they are inappropriately attired. Many therapists were eliminated based on their extremely poor judgement in choosing a picture for their psychology today profile. However, I don't think I'd rule someone out based on their hair unless it was really, really bad. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do about dull hair, I don't think. And if it's dull, it seems like that would automatically make it appear greasy even if it's not.

Yeah, ex-MC dressed really horribly, like a blazer that was way too big on him, a dress shirt with huge sleeves, a red polo shirt that looked about 15 years old, shoes that he never polished and, at one point, had the soles coming off. I think he was just someone who wasn't concerned with his appearance, and it had nothing to do with how he was as a T.

Meanwhile, current T is very meticulous in his appearance, shaving (and I think dying, based on past photos) his beard just so, wearing shirts that fit him well, stylish (and polished) shoes, etc. (Honestly, he's a bit *too* into his appearance for my taste in men!) Ex-T also dressed very well (one of the things she said multiple times was "I love Nordstrom!") But I think of a past T I had years ago who was pretty good, but wore really ugly cardigans, really bad shoes, etc. I think some just care about appearance more than others (I'm someone who tends to focus on my outside appearance, though some of that comes from my mom and my perfectionist tendencies).
LonesomeTonight is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ScarletPimpernel, susannahsays