View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 14, 2019 at 06:41 AM

sarahsweets - I don't interact with her in person since I work from home. But it is the interactions I have with her over chat that is annoying me. We do research and are supposed to make a certain number of attempts to get information - internet searches, phone calls, e-mails. If I sent an e-mail and haven't gotten a response I put a note indicating this and that I will add additional information if they answer.

Before the most recent, larger annoyance, EVERY TIME I put a note like this, she would write to me to ask if I ever got a response. Ummm, had I received a response I would have added the new information. I tell her the same thing every time, if you don't see any later information added, it's because I didn't get an answer. But she still insists on bugging me

It's like she thinks just because someone worked on a project at one point in time, they have some ownership of it and should help her. Sorry, but we deal with so many things on a daily basis, I often don't remember many details of something I saw a month ago, let alone a year ago. I do leave everything well documented with sources that she can read, and my responsibility ends there.

Buffy01 - sadly, my boss is one of those that says her door is open when it really isn't. Trying to discuss anything with her has proven futile. On top of that, she likes to play favorites and politics and I am not one of her favorites.

I would like to eventually change jobs, but my husband and I are in the final phases of purchasing a house, so it's not really the time. Once we can get moved in and settled, it will be a better time to consider my options.

Sometimes I wish I had the type of job where I don't have to deal with people.
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Medusax, sarahsweets