View Single Post
saidso
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2018
165 hugs
given
Default Jan 14, 2019 at 08:07 AM

Rechu - you prob gonna hate me for this! There aren't many jobs where we don't have to deal with people at all. It's a stressor but hey, I look at all the people who I depend upon in my community - energy workers, bank clerks, bus drivers, farmers, postal workers... - they get to deal with constant 'b's and you just got one behaviour here you don't like. You have proved that you can handle it irl when it comes up, so perhaps now look at why you are carrying it around like a mad cat in a paper bag?

Yeah I carry around mad cats too, but I do also ask myself whether it's worth the fight. If it is, why not just send her a polite note in writing: "we deal with so many things on a daily basis, I often don't remember many details of something I saw a month ago, let alone a year ago. I do leave everything well documented with sources that you can read." - this is good enough, say something polite about hoping she will see your point of view, and copy it to your boss if you want to do so. You are not being antagonistic just getting on with keeping up your quotas.

You are smart and can think how to phrase it better than I can.

There, now you hate me! If you want to keep venting and it helps - great, but ask youself whether it wouldn't feel better just to deal and let go? Please don't hate me, just trying to supportively keep perspective on this complex stuff of emotions, big decisions, people, obligations - because regardless of what work you do, the cat will keep thrashing around until you let it out the bag... <smile, and warm hugs if you accept them!>

Sort managing her behaviour and your feelings of irritation in a way that gives you confidence in yourself for the future, and count it as a win.

Respectfully!
Saidso

Last edited by saidso; Jan 14, 2019 at 08:25 AM..
saidso is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote