View Single Post
Crypts_Of_The_Mind
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
2,609 hugs
given
Default Jan 15, 2019 at 07:51 PM

Honestly - this is why I turned to research while "getting help" (aka listening only for information and making statements or asking questions that would get information I wanted .. only saying distressing things if I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt I needed hospitalization) and reading up on things outside of my appointments that pertained either to my disorders or the information I had been given.

Then when I had exhausted what information I could get from that counselor, I went to another - either by complaining about the first, making them cancel me out, or simply stopping going to them and asking for someone else later. I then did the same routine with that counselor. I repeated this until I had obtained so much information I was no longer receiving anything new. I then continued my outside research, kept my appointments until that was done but only have them enough info to keep them interested but not worried unless again I knew I needed hospitalization (which was the whole reason I kept going until the research was done so I could keep myself safe til I knew what I was doing). After I had researched everything - I quit going. I experimented with what I had learned to see what worked for me and what did not and what worked best (same process docs do for meds). Since then, I have kept to that and remain controlled unless I cannot buy the essential oils I need at the time I need it due to financial issues.

So .. If you ask me .. self-help is best but only if you take the time to understand what you are doing first. ❤

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, Thirty shades

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear, Thirty shades