Luna's offical mini me.

Member Since May 2017
10.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 16, 2019 at 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietMind View Post
I don't know if I can see another T through the public health system. Some people do see say, a social worker, an art therapist alongside their clinical psychologist T in the tertiary care hospital but the secondary care hospital I'm at doesn't offer that. I'd have to go though public health primary care to get a referral to the tertiary care hospital and the waiting list is several months.

I might be able to access a psychologist as a gender clinic at the tertiary care hospital (I've my usual gender stuff ongoing too) but I gotta see how I can get referred, and IF they'll let me see a T when I have my T.

But my boss might not allow it since the agreement was about seeing my T, not a second T.

Don't want to go back to the LGBTQ affirming organisation where I saw LGBTQ T because it's private and costly. More costly than T. And after 3 sessions they said come back when you next feel you want to, because I wasn't in crisis then.

I'll have to see if the sexual assault organisation will offer me counselling and what the fee is for my income level (it's pegged to income). Edit: OK.if my case is considered sexual assault (it is according to their website), I get three free 1 hour sessions if they think I need it. After that there's a sliding scale with a minimum and max fee pegged to my income. End edit.

I'm not in crisis but stressed as hell at work but afraid to quit because I know it'll be really hard for me to find another full time job even at a lower pay due to the mental health thing. I can't lie (and could be fired if I did lie and was discovered) because I still need time off work during the work day to see T.

According to T, I compartmentalise "too well". I'll see though. I've just been on numb robot mode. Working, trying to avoid my family and pretending everything is fine since my parents and siblings will literally victim blame me if I told them.

Sexual assault will still always be assault regardless of its classification, and it is never your fault. I hope you are given the sessions you need. When do they let you know? Can you reach out to another charity too?

Rather than quitting, would it be possible to reduce your work hours and still apply for new positions?

And say nothing."

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127