View Single Post
Anonymous52222

Default Jan 16, 2019 at 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I very partially agree with you. What I mean is, I support school for learning the basics. I think that college is something that you should be able to enjoy and it shouldnt be 4 years, it should be 2. The first two years of my English Lit degree were a waste of money. All I did was take classes that didn't apply to my major- foreign languages, a very hard math and various electives. It would have been way cheaper to just focus on the English Lit for an intense 2 years.

Yeah I am not against the idea of schooling by any means. I agree education is important.

I am against how the both high schools and colleges are structured. People should be encouraged to think critically and question information, no matter how potentially controversial said information is. I am against telling people how they should think and act just so they can conform, which is pretty much what schools do these days.

For the record, I am a student myself, all be it a community college student working on a 2 year web development degree. I only became a student because I was homeless a couple of years ago and needed a job but nobody would hire me and I couldn't get an apartment because they want a verifiable income and what little money that I did make wouldn't pass income verification so I was pretty much forced to become a student. If I had the choice, I may have chosen otherwise.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Medusax