Wise Elder

Member Since Nov 2013
6,432 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 17, 2019 at 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2.0 View Post
Sometimes i think this happens kind of naturally in childhood homes where there is a lot of emotional neglect, so connection with people seems like a resource that's scarce.
This! This resonates the most with me. Though I'm not sure that I grew up with people thinking other people are possessions. My parents didn't treat each other that way. In the end, my dad used my mom for sex and my mom used my dad for money, but I don't think that that contributed to my possessiveness of T. Plus, when I think of the word possessiveness, I think of "hoarding" a person. I absolutely do not "hoard" my T. I know she has other clients and a life outside therapy.

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn’t, then it was never meant to be."

"When you like a flower, you just pluck it. But when you love a flower, you water it daily."

I love my T. I have actually given her several times to terminate with me. I have used the phrase "to be free of me". I truly want her to be happy even if that means without me. Like her baby: it's affecting our relationship, however, I have no ill will towards it. I'm really happy for her. It might give me pain (abandonment and infertility issues), but that doesn't mean she has to be miserable for me to be happy.

As far as T not wanting to possess me, that makes sense. Maybe she is following the idea of either of those quotes.