View Single Post
Anonymous52222

Default Jan 17, 2019 at 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Yes! Guess what? I met my husband in college and we married when I was 20. He graduated with a Geology degree. Went to work at an environmental company- realized he hated office politics and environmental work. Quit, enrolled in a union (IBEW) school for teledata installation. Then Journeyman's school. Got hired out of the hall at the biggest Ivy league school in the nation and they offered him permanent full time. He now works as a network technician, loves his job and his degree did nothing for him. I have an English Lit degree and would love to be a teacher....someday however I have three kids so I stayed home with them. STILL waiting for the day that I can benefit from my degree.

I heard being a community college adjunct isn't that bad of a deal honestly. I know a couple of professors that teach part time (one I am kind of close with even) and they say that it really isn't that hard or stressful to teach 2-3 smaller classes part time. There isn't a terribly large amount of work involved and the pay is decent enough for the time committed. If nothing else, they seem like happy people.

I admit, it has even crossed my mind to teach before, just because it would be kind of cool to do something meaningful without having to work over 40 hours per week. I just don't want to deal with the stress and pressure of full time work, which is why I have this obsession with self employment lol. Working part time as a teacher would be kinda cool though if I had the patience to stick out university.

So maybe that's something you can consider in the future? It might suit you
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
sarahsweets

Thanks for this!
sarahsweets