Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
78 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 20, 2019 at 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyD View Post
Good seeing you here. Missed you! I hope you'll be able to get your insurance. When I am running out of meds and won't be seeing the doctor soon enough I cut them in half so I have something at least. Do you know why you run so much? Could you possibly be avoiding some kind of feelings? I don't know but find when I do certain compulsions I'm avoiding some feelings; trying to push them away. I, too, have a back molar that broke off and it doesn't hurt either. Been avoiding seeing the dentist because of a bad experience I had at one. Who likes dentists anyways..not me at least. I hope things get better for you.
Thanks. I had a horrible dental experience roughly a year ago. A new dentist at the small chain I use didn't realize I needed to swallow while he was doing work to set up for a temporary crown, and I guess he wasn't good with his dental instruments either because I swallowed a dental burr. He didn't report it, but I guess eventually the assistant did or talked about it to someone because then the dental owner called me up and had me going to get x-rays until that burr was out of my body. The GI doc said swallowing that burr likely prompted my ulcer (which was symptomless so I didn't know I had an ulcer) to perforate sooner than it would have (stupid ulcer perforated on Valentine's Day), but it would have perforated soon anyway, and I was lucky the timing worked out that someone was there to call an ambulance and get me to the hospital, or I would have died. So maybe a bad experience giving good timing to a horrible experience? IDK, now I get VIP treatment from the owner dentist of that particular franchise, I guess because I could have sued his pants off. But really, he's a decent guy. He had a dentist leave to start her own business and needed to hire a new dentist and got a lemon. That dentist was fired and I'm sure some sort of mark put on his license record.

Seroquel, Cymbalta, , propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, omeperazole

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
--Robert Frost

Hugs from:
LucyD

Thanks for this!
LucyD