View Single Post
Anonymous52222

Default Jan 22, 2019 at 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Darkness love- I was thinking that with your extensive experience and the fact that you are in school for IT that you might be able to do security-like network security or a firm that helps companies protect themselves from malware and viruses? Or someone that helps places set up their networks? Or someone that looks for holes and flaws in networks? My husband works for a snotty ivy league university as a network installer/technician but he does installs; pulling cable and wifi setups. You sound like what would be his other coworkers. He works on the setup and then the other guys come in and do the actual computer work and security. I bring this up because depending on what company you would work for a lot of them are 24/7 support so they might have pt positions open-plus you wouldnt have to be on your feet a lot. Also if you google it Amazon does offer remote web support and c/s jobs where you can work from home. It depends on regions of course but I read an article about people who do this part time.

So you're referring to either a penetration tester or network architect?

I admit, I might be knowledgeable for a position like that but I have my doubts. Regardless, I don't have a lot of job experience working technical jobs so I highly doubt I would be able to get anything above entry level (those jobs aren't entry level). At the very least, I would need several certifications, which I cannot afford. I can afford a max of 1-2 certifications, which would still get me maybe an entry level job or a little bit higher at most.

I don't have a lot of schooling and work experience. Most of my tech knowledge comes from being self taught. That's a problem for a lot of these companies apparently.

Also, I am learning web development specifically. Very little of what I'm learning would translate to networking or cyber security.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky