View Single Post
may24

Member Since Aug 2016
486 hugs
given
Default Jan 22, 2019 at 05:27 PM

@KnitChick Thank you for the book recommendations, I'll check them out!
It's funny that you mentioned Brene Brown. I haven't read anything by her yet, but I've seen her name a lot recently in psychology articles. Last week I saw one of her TED talks for the first time and I really enjoyed it.

I can definitely relate to what you said of "wanting instant results"... also, I feel like even when I accomplish something that I worked hard for, I often don't even enjoy it; because I immediately start thinking about what's the next thing I need to achieve.
I like what your therapist told you, it's so powerful. I think I'll keep that in mind next time I'm too busy thinking about the thingsI have left to do and not seeing how far I've come.

I had an appointment with my Pdoc yesterday and we talked about some of the things that were making me feel ashamed. It was hard to talk about but I'm feeling better now I'm also going to meditation classes every week (I went today) and it helps me feel more compassion towards myself and understand better the things that are bothering me. Today's class brought me a lot of clarity.
may24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous50384