View Single Post
AspiringAuthor
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2017
374 hugs
given
Default Jan 23, 2019 at 12:07 PM

Oh my! Now I see - you have tried everything, even old APs. I perfectly understand your being terrified of Clozapine - I also had been, but please read up on it and it may not seem as scary after that. I have not read that book but was told at the hospital where they first put me on Clozapine that there is a book written by a UCLA professor on Clozapine - she is schizophrenic and Clozapine totally and almost miraculously changed her life for the better.

When I was prescribed Clozapine, I was also given Metformin to go with it. Also, some sort of non-addictive regularity-promoting powder that you dissolve in water and drink (I can look in my stash of old meds I no longer use to find out what it was). Clozapine greatly slows intestinal motility and care needs to be taken to counteract that. I would take Metamucil (with plenty, plenty of water) with each meal on Clozapine - it not only will help counteract Clozapine but also help you feel full between meals.

Esp. since you were possibly psychotic Clozapine should be considered. Lamictal does not treat psychosis (or prevents it), but Clozapine is a very effective antipsychotic medication. Of course you are squarely treatment-resistant, and have even tried ECT. The only big thing you have not tried is Clozapine.

On the bright side Clozapine very rarely causes Extrapyramidal side effects, esp. in comparison with Haloperidol.

Zyprexa Zydis 5 mg
Gabapentin 1200 mg
Melatonin 10 mg
Levoxyl 75 mcg (because I took Lithium in the past)

past medications: Depakote, Lamictal, Lithium, Seroquel, Trazodone, Risperdal, Cogentin, Remerol, Prozac, Amitriptyline, Ambien, Lorazepam, Klonopin, Saphris, Trileptal, Clozapine and Clozapine+Wellbutrin, Topamax
AspiringAuthor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Wander