View Single Post
Anonymous52222

Default Jan 23, 2019 at 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvert View Post
It really depends on where you are, but, yeah, part-time IT is a thing. In my area, it seems like some of those jobs are posted by people who really need full time IT but who don't want to or can't pay for it - but it still seems like it would be better than the job you know you can't stand.

Marketing companies in my area are always hiring junior web developers. Is there anyway you could get a paid internship through your school?

I looked for internships but my state is so far behind technology wise that I have yet to find any internships for web development. The closest thing I've been able to find is entry level web design/development jobs through a temp agency.

I just don't feel ready for a web design or development job yet. I don't think I'm knowledgeable as of yet to be able to work in web development. I still don't know a lot of languages yet and there are a couple of key languages I would need to learn before anybody would hire me I think.

Also, regardless of what I do, it dosn't change the fact that I am still bad at job interviewing because of my anxiety issues. I get nervous and freeze up sometimes when I'm under a lot of pressure. I'm worried that this will be an issue when I'm job interviewing and will delay me significantly from getting a job at best.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote