View Single Post
Anonymous52222

Default Jan 24, 2019 at 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Background Noise View Post
Every one can be a biological parent, but not every one must be one. Yes, humans' lives is not easy, and taking care of children isn't easy, but again, no one forces any one to have children, I assume.

This is seriously one of the best quotes I've read on here in awhile. Truer words have never been spoken in this land of crazies we call psych central

On a more serious note, I never understood why so many people decide to have children like it's some kind of law. I see people in their late teens/early 20s ruining their lives by having 2-4 children when they have no business having kids and all I can think is "why"? It almost seems like to me many people are guided mostly by their primal instincts and lack the intellectual capacity to question why they "need" children.

I'm going on 28, yet I don't have any children and I don't want children. For one, I don't want to mess up a child like my mother messed me up. More importantly, I am too interested in my hobbies and passions and being forced to take care of a child would take time away from doing things that I want to do, which is a compromise I am unwilling to make. People that discover how against having children I am usually think I've gone psycho or something lol

I know I'm unfit to be a parent so I don't plan on having children. I don't see how hard it can be for other people to think the same way.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote