AAAAA
Elder

Member Since Oct 2007
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 11, 2008 at 02:50 PM

Peanuts,

They’re your kids, your rules! My house was the “flop” house because I wanted to know where my kids were and what they were doing. Many times boys spent the night here (daughter’s friends) but the rule was the boys slept in the living room and were not allowed in my daughter’s room once we were going to bed. I also have to say at that time, I was sleeping maybe 2 – 3 hours a night. I am fully aware that they can just as easily do whatever during the day as they can at night, but that was a rule. When the boys were in daughter’s room, the door was never closed. I also have to add that none of these boys were her boyfriend that may have changed the rules.

They ALL got the sex talk too! My daughter was mortified, but oh well. But I was the one that they came to if they had questions or situations that they didn’t know how to deal with. My eldest two didn’t date, my twins are currently dating, they’ll be 15 in May. But their “dates” are school dances and functions etc.

I’ve been open with my kids about sex and my expectations since birth. I focus on respect for themselves and others and the possibility of diseases. This is an adult decision, and if they're not adult enough to come to use for condoms, then they're not adult enough to be having sex.