View Single Post
Unforgiven1

Member Since Sep 2018
1 hugs
given
Default Jan 26, 2019 at 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbladeintheMeadow View Post
Hey AzulOcuro thank you for this thread.

I don't know how to word this without it coming out wrong & I truly only want to ask this from a genuine position of not knowing where to start & I'm not expecting you to answer it, it's open to anyone who might be able to share their experiences.

How do I be myself when I don't know who me is? I turn into others. The music they like, the hobbies they do, the way they dress...I have no idea who I am, what I like doing...
I'm really not sure why we do these things you have described. As I mentioned earlier, bpds don't really have their own true personality, I mean, maybe we do but its like total amnesia to know what are personality traits are. To put it simpler, what interests I have personally had in life, I never really knew why I was interested in them to begin with therefore I never really had a true interest to begin with. It was like a foreign concept that I could never explain to myself. I don't know if all bpds go through this across the board or if its hit and miss with people. I personally have no recollection of anything resembling my own personality without it involving someone else's personality traits. I have been this way ever since I was a very small child maybe 4-5 yo. The only thing I do remember from that time in my life, I was always "different". I always wanted to die even at that young of an age to present day. That's not a personality trait though.

Last edited by Unforgiven1; Jan 26, 2019 at 12:24 AM..
Unforgiven1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
AbladeintheMeadow, AzulOscuro