View Single Post
Anonymous55498

Default Jan 30, 2019 at 01:26 PM

I don't understand either how the response you posted is proof or even refers to this site... But excessively thinking/reading about therapy and the many ways people engage and too much was one of the main reasons I stopped therapy altogether. For me it wasn't attachment to the Ts, just thinking and reading too much at the expense of other things. It became nothing else but a useless distraction. I am also personally not a fan of all the obsessive attachment many people stay in therapy for, to hopefully "address" that, but that's just my preference.

As for Ts reading this forum, I know as fact that they do - I know many Ts via my work and a few mentioned it without my even bringing it up first when we were talking about places for clients to discuss their experiences. There have also been quite a few Ts / Ts in training participating in this forum since I signed up. I never understand why people assume that they do not read here, to me it seems a very obvious thing to do - I also read lots of online stuff related to my work all the time, including forums. Not a T but I work in mental health and actually signed up here in 2015 just as much out of professional curiosity as some personally relevant topics. And with the details some posters provide, I would not be surprised at all if their Ts recognized them here with a good probability.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
MoxieDoxie