View Single Post
Anonymous57363

Default Feb 03, 2019 at 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmascarol View Post
I cannot explain why but it seems like whenever I am sick or very anxious I just break down and cry.I know the depression will do that to me,it is like I am depressed because I am so anxious .DO u ever get depressed from feeling so anxious or sick?
Hello xmascaro. Good question/post! A psychologist once told me in therapy that my stress response is to get depressed. Once she pointed it out, I realized there's a lot of truth to that for me. When I am stressed/anxious for an extended period it's almost like my body and mind can't maintain that level of energy so then I become really down and flat. As far as breaking down and crying, how often? I don't think that's unhealthy in and of itself. Sometimes we need to cry. Can be a release when we are feeling overwhelmed. I think it would only be problematic if you are crying so much that you can't function, can't make it to work etc.

Yes, when I am physically sick that often triggers or exacerbates my depression.

Have you ever tried guided meditation to ease the depression or anxiety? It really helps me. There are wonderful videos on YouTube. Can search: 'guided meditation to relieve anxiety' or 'guided meditation when you are sick' or 'guided meditation to relieve depression.'

I wish you peace.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky