Member Since Feb 2013
401 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 04, 2019 at 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loial View Post
So, going for day 1 sober today.

I have been doing better the past few months but ultimately I’m still drinking too much. I managed a week and a half sober in January but in the end I gave in to cravings.

I need to polish up on my coping mechanisms. I’ll get there though. I want to beat this.

Congrats on ONE day!

Everyday is a day I feel I take for granted because I choose not to drink. But go into a liquor store and buy liquor for those friends who had their wallet stolen. Some times I start shopping for me in the store that’s when I know it’s time to leave and put everything back on the shelves. That’s usually when I get carded at the till 2 pieces of ID they say. I pull it out they were like Oh! I said “ what was it because I put everything back on the shelf or looked at my phone while I was in the store? Or I am look really young? come in Here every second day to buy liquor? Or we always like carding the females instead of the males? That’s okay I guess I will take this as compliment...” they looked at me stunned and had nothing to say I gave her a tip $$ and walked out. I watched her the entire time i was in the liquor store glancing up and down from looking and reading of bottles. Since I am epipen allergic to pineapple and so many alcohols are made with pineapple like vodka. I cannot carry it in a can if another can has exploded on it for instant and if I was in the vicinity of it open drink or can of it I have instant hives. Anyway back to the liquor store I watched as the kids of the street not even 19 legal age to buy came in to buy. They asked me outside the store if I could buy something from behind the counter for them I said no, on the way in and next thing I know they are in the store buying liquor and stealing lemons and limes from the fridge.

Everyone around me drinks and does drugs. I do psych meds they never smoke it in front of me whatever drug of choice it is. They are respectful because I do not do it.

Please whatever you do if you decide to drink mix your hard liquor. Do not I repeat do not drink it straight. It’s hard on the throat, stomach, liver and kidneys. It’s a form of pickling yourself early and too fast for what it’s suppose to be.

Congrats on your first day again!