View Single Post
Tryingtobehappy5

Member Since Sep 2017
776 hugs
given
Default Feb 08, 2019 at 12:32 AM

Being happy and confident and productive is great! Even taking risks is not a bad thing. There is a limit though. I do get full mania and that is a nasty state for me but when I am hypomanic it is really nice at first.

It is almost always euphoric hypomania. Super productive and life is so beautiful. I dont have an issue at the beginning. For me that phase ends quickly though and I go into only caring about myself and feeling pleasure. I ignore my responsibilities, get angry at my family, barely sleep or eat and exercise far too much. Libido goes sky high, I go out in the middle of the night and walk around for hours, in the winter this is bad because I will realize how far I went once I am frozen and have to walk a long way home still. Then I start to see myself as evil. After that I will either crash if Im lucky or head into mania.

What basis did they diagnose you on? I would never have thought I was bipolar a few years ago but looking back I can see a few big projects I took on but werent realistic, periods of getting a lot done though I wouldnt say I was euphoric back then. In that time the only reason I would have wanted to stop hypomania would be to avoid the deep depression afterwards and the only reason I started seeing Drs about it was because I thought I had just depression.

If you look at what the Drs are diagnosing you on and what you see as changes from your "regular" self you will eventually see a pattern. Its taken me 2years of intense episodes to see mine and Im still unsure if I could catch on early enough to stop it before I lose reality so it might take time to figure out. After that you just have to ask yourself what you want most. If you want to be free from depression you will most likely have to give up hypomania as well.

Meds:
Depakote
Welbutrin
Abilify

I didn't want any flowers, I only wanted
to lie with my hands turned up and be
utterly empty. How free it is,
you have no idea how free.
- Sylvia Plath
Tryingtobehappy5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky