View Single Post
Omers
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2010
3,133 hugs
given
Default Feb 08, 2019 at 10:02 AM

I am very hesitant of new people especially new people in authority rolls too. The first T I saw by choice was not trained in trauma. She was very kind and supportive but I never really felt comfortable with her and we didn’t get anywhere in 3+ years. The next person I saw was specifically trained in certain types of trauma and she was able to help me feel more at ease in the first session than the previous one ever was. The next several T’s were not trauma trained and we got nowhere and some were quite harmful. I just started with a new T (5sessions in) who doesn’t specialize in trauma but has a lot of training and experience in it. I have always been terrified of men and this is my first male T. He has been amazing at calming me when my coping skills were not enough. He had more trust built after the first session than most did after 3-5 years. He knows the trauma is there but has not asked me about it yet. He wants me stronger first. T doesn’t have to be trained in trauma to help but it really can make a huge difference in your comfort level with the therapy process and how well things go.

Wild eyed with fear
-Blackmoores Night
Omers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Succulents333