View Single Post
kes8529

Member Since Feb 2019
Default Feb 08, 2019 at 06:02 PM

Thank you all or your advice. I still do not know what to do. I understand his issue. I refuse to talk with him much, I hardly ever force myself to answer. I need time to figure out, If I am able to wait. I wrote him a long message with my analysis of what is happening in his head each time. How by the time the "moving in" step is coming closer, he hits the "panic button" etc. He thought at the beginning I would heal him from his problem magically, that is why he declared so soon a bright future together and so on. That is a red flag, too. But naive women think they found prince charming and it is going to be like in the movies. Anyway, when I told him finally what I really think, he said that even he is not able to understand his feelings and thoughts that well and he has never known anyone who would be able to do that as much as I do. He also said that this is the first time he is so honest about his thoughts and emotions with his partner, because he wants to fight for us and change for me. He also scheduled his first therapy for Wednesday. He apologized for his past behaviors. He realised what he was doing. I do not want a new person. I am all for a balanced space-giving relationship, but I do not want to suffer because of his anxieties. This has to change. He has to realise his pattern, the sabotage his mind creates and start healing. I get that it might take long. I told him I will support him, but I do not know If I am strong enough and I do not know If the damage to my heart, soul and this relationship is not too great already. Not to mention what most of you said - I might be waiting for him to heal, getting more hurt with him never changing.
kes8529 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous40643, Anonymous43949, Anonymous57363, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky