View Single Post
Anonymous40643

Default Feb 09, 2019 at 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kes8529 View Post
Yes, I am seeing a therapist. I do not feel like dating anyone. After each relationship I need a lot of time to rest, be by myself etc. until I am ready for something new. Pulling out for 6 months seems impossible for me. For sure after all of this I have pulled out emotionally, I do not have a problem to keep him at distance and observe what happens next, but it is hard for me to leave completely as this is the first time he truly does something with it. He realises his emotional issues are severe and affect all his life. He keeps running, escaping, u see it through other things he does - dangerous sports etc. My problem is that I see what happens with him as an illness he wants to overcome. For the first time he will see a doctor for his state. It is like If you were in a relationship with an alcoholic and he finally decides he wants to change his life and wants to do it not only for himself but for you, starts a therapy. That is not the right moment to leave?
I think you are way too over-committed to a very short-term relationship and that you want to see him change & transform into the man you want, with some very large issues to overcome. We're talking about a complete overhaul for this man. Like someone said, it's not as though you're married and in a long-term relationship where suddenly his problems are interfering, which then become your problems.

So, I'm just curious: why are you so committed to a man who has huge commitment issues and many other issues to overcome after only 6 months time? This is far too soon to be this involved and invested in changing someone's BIG problems and challenges, imho.

Why not take a long break and then when you're ready again, find a far more suitable match? Someone whom you don't have to change to suit your needs and what you truly want? Think about it. You're trying to "fix" a man rather than just cutting your losses and finding someone more suitable.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Bill3, MickeyCheeky, seeminglyreal, unaluna