View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 11, 2019 at 09:58 AM

Thanks Rose, yeah, she probably is trying to get into my head. I think I am doing better as far as not letting her.

In a way I find it amusing that she would hate the house we are buying. It’s new construction in a gated community where there are a few styles of houses to choose from. Basically, the prices of both rentals and houses for sale have gone up a lot in recent years due to a housing shortage, so after analyzing our options it was what works best for us. She was always a snob and would say it must be terrible to live in a place like that.

It’s her loss if she doesn’t want to have a relationship with her own daughter. If I start to feel a bit badly for her, I remember the hostile face and body language the last few times we skyped. It may sound weird, but the last time it was almost like you could sense the bitterness and toxicity festering inside of her, making her health so poor.

Hey even my husband who at first tried to blame the stroke recently turned to me and said, “that conversation with your mom, it was awful.” That it was!
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, Rose76

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Rose76