Magnate

Member Since Jul 2011
128 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 11, 2019 at 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by here today View Post
Just speaking for myself, I feel sad that you don't feel comfortable here discussing your experience...
I don't feel safe discussing my experience on this forum either. I did discuss it on some threads, but more so in terms of what happened. I didn't go into my inner emotional experience much and the only reason I've shared anything at all was because I safeguarded myself in advance by putting the most judgmental people on my ignore list after watching them brutalize other survivors. There is no need for anyone here to feel sad for me because of that. I am comfortable with my decision about how to use this forum and for what purpose. There is no right or wrong way of doing it. I know that some people mostly look for connections, support and a sense of community here and that's cool. I don't look for the same things they look for, but I don't have any judgment about it. Equally, I don't want anyone to judge me for using this forum differently from how they are using it. I am saying this because when you feel sad for someone, who doesn't feel comfortable talking about their experiences on this forum, that implies that their discomfort is somehow not normal. And I am saying that there is nothing wrong with it, that's all.

I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I just felt it was important to point this out.

Bernie Sanders/Tulsi Gabbard 2020

Thanks for this!
koru_kiwi, Topiarysurvivor, ~Isola~