View Single Post
Anonymous35014

Default Feb 13, 2019 at 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveforsummer View Post
That makes sense. I do have other obsessive behaviour at times but not the compulsive part. I’ll check out the link. Thank you
No problem.

Just FYI... Some people colloquially refer to such a form of OCD as “Pure O OCD.” There is also self harm OCD, contamination OCD (e.g., extreme germaphobia which may lead to handwashing rituals), etc.. I only know about this since I was previously diagnosed with OCD and did a little research on it. But you can look up those terms if you want more info.

If you think “Pure O” is a possibility, it might be worth asking your doctor or therapist about (if you have a therapist). Maybe your symptoms align or don’t align with the condition’s symptoms, but if the doctors think you may have Pure O OCD, then they may be able to tailor your treatment plan such that your plan is better suited for you. And FWIW, I think a lot of people who have OCD don’t realize they have it because they don’t fall into the mainstream media portrayal of OCD.

Of course, I’m always an advocate of awareness, but I do draw a fine line between awareness and self diagnosis, which is why I always research and consult.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
AspiringAuthor, Innerzone, liveforsummer