View Single Post
happyflowergirl
Veteran Member

Member Since Nov 2006
1 hugs
given
Default Mar 13, 2008 at 10:55 AM

Hi Rainbowzz,

I didn't plan on doing parenting that way, but that is what I ended up doing. lol When my son was born he had severe food allergies that affected him through breast milk. They thought instead of putting me on a very restrictive diet ,they wanted me to ween him to a special formula. Well he was allergic to that formula, so the only thing he could eat was breast milk and I went on a very hard restrictive diet of no soy, nuts,citrus, milk products, and other stuff too.
Well I needed to breastfeed him until he was two because he needed the fat from my milk to thrive. He did outgrow the allergies because I kept him away from the food for 2 years.

Now my children are 11 and 13 and they no longer breastfeed or sleep in our bed, but they are well adjusted and good kids really.
One thing I am doing is homeschooling them until high school. Our public school in our town are failing really badly. Only 30% can pass the ISTEP test, and we have a graduation rate of only 50%. I never thought I would be doing this in million years, but having kids change you and you learn to do what is best for them.
Parenting is hard no matter what kind you are doing, but I support attachment parenting 100%. I remember reading some good books about it at the library. I even have one I could send you, if I can find it.
happyflowergirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote