View Single Post
WarpedTrekker

Member Since Jul 2018
Default Feb 13, 2019 at 08:23 PM

Well my doctor started me on Lamictal for anxiety. I've heard very bad things about this drug. Lamictal rash, etc. I was on it a short time in the past but thought it gave me anxiety. But actually now I'm on 75mg currently and my anxiety has improved. I haven't had much of any anxiety at all and no attacks while walking into public places.

I'm still concerned about that rash developing. But my psychiatrist claims that if I see any rash just immediately stop it and it should go away. And that they have a lot of people on Lamictal with very little issues. She says about 1 in 100 get the rash.

Due to me being on Multaq for AFIB, I couldn't take any SSRI or SNRI. But my heart doctor is now having me stop Multaq, since I haven't had any breakthru AFIB for two years.

Once I'm off of Multaq for a few days, I have the option to switch from Lamictal to something like Lexapro.

I just hope my heart doesn't go crazy with arrhythmia being off Multaq. But cardiologist didn't want me to stay on it at my age 46yo because anti-arrythmics can be proarrythmic at times and he has seen people die from them.
WarpedTrekker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky