AspiringAuthor
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2017
374 hugs
given
Default Feb 13, 2019 at 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
Ive been on topamax for so long (almost 20 years), and been away from certain triggering people so long, that ive about forgotten what racing thoughts are like, hallelujah!

I didnt realize topamax came in such small doses.
The smallest dose is 15 mg in sprinkle caps. The next smallest is 25 mg tabs. I tried it in 2012 and unfortunately stopped too soon due to extreme dizziness and general malaise - at that time I started on 50 mg believing it was the smallest dose because some other people were taking 600 mg. This time I wanted to make it work so I titrated up very carefully, starting at 12.5 mg, and drank plenty of fluids to avoid dizziness.

I can easily see how you would forget what racing thoughts are like when you do not have them for so long. I also keep away from certain triggering people.

What is your dose? And do you take anything else of is it your monotherapy? I am thinking of trying it as a monotherapy on a weekend - during the work week I cannot afford experimentation.

Zyprexa Zydis 5 mg
Gabapentin 1200 mg
Melatonin 10 mg
Levoxyl 75 mcg (because I took Lithium in the past)

past medications: Depakote, Lamictal, Lithium, Seroquel, Trazodone, Risperdal, Cogentin, Remerol, Prozac, Amitriptyline, Ambien, Lorazepam, Klonopin, Saphris, Trileptal, Clozapine and Clozapine+Wellbutrin, Topamax
AspiringAuthor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky