View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 14, 2019 at 03:26 AM

I think a major fallacy is that you can't be depressed if you can function-even at a low level. I was talking about this in another thread but I have three kids and a husband. I have had years where I cant move off the couch and years where functioning in a "normal" way is easier. Its total BS that being depressed means you have to be bedridden and non-functional. There is a reason why people say its a silent pain or hidden illness. In fact sometimes I probably should have given in and felt all the pain and stuff instead of putting one foot ahead of the other. Its alot like being an extrovert and having social anxiety. Many people think you have to be an introvert and shy if you have social anxiety while some people are almost too extra when they feel anxious. I learned a few years ago that I need to get dressed to the shoes. Laying around in my comfy clothes and slippers make it harder for me to get motivated about anything and hard to go about my day. When I feel put together outwardly it helps me manage inwardly. My point is- even when it is so painful I feel like I am walking on broken glass- sometimes I am able to push through enough to function and take care of my family. I may do it crying but I can do it.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, mikimostar, OliverB

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, OliverB