Member Since Jul 2014
2,611 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 15, 2019 at 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebicycle View Post
Congrats on feeling better

I’ve never been to the hospital before, so I don’t know what it’s like, but I’m glad they were able to help stabilize you. I’m also glad you trusted them and let them help you, because I know that sometimes I personally don’t like letting pdocs help me. I don’t always trust them. But in the end, trusting them has always worked out for me.
Thanks Blue! At the beginning of my admission my psychosis told me all medical staff were controlling, manipulating and conspiring against me. This made it VERY difficult. I was beyond terrified and had to be verbally (gently) coerced into co-operating. Some thread of sanity must have been there. This was beyond terrifying but as my life was in danger it had to be done.

You are right, trusting most medical professionals who are genuinely looking out for your wellbeing is the best thing to do. Once the psychosis stopped I was amazed I couldn’t trust them in the past as they were all so caring. A good hospital can be the best place to be in these circumstances. I am so glad I was made to go. It saved my life.

"Phew! For a minute there I lost myself."

'Karma Police' by Radiohead
Wander is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Innerzone