View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 18, 2019 at 08:47 AM

I feel for you. My husband and I rent and we share a wall on one side. This couple (also renting) moved in next door last July. The prior tenant was respectful about the noise levels, but these people are not. They also have a dog that howls and barks constantly when left alone. Plus, the husband seems to be running an illegal furniture workshop in his backyard, which is right by our bedroom – it’s constant sawing, hammering, and drilling all day. And, they have 6-7 cats that fight on our roof.

On the other side it’s our elderly landlord who is hard of hearing and opens up her whole house with the TV at maximum volume. And across the street a woman gives choir classes with 10 people singing for hours. There is no respect any more for the fact we live in close quarters.

This whole situation has been the kick in the butt we needed to finally buy our own detached house in a peaceful area. We're moving soon. However, your situation, owning, is obviously more complicated. Is there any sort of homeowner’s association for your townhouses you could ask for advice? If that doesn’t help, I guess you should start to look in to the noise ordinances there. It sounds like you’ve already made a fair share of attempts to deal with your neighbor directly.

I hope you can find a solution. Not being able to be at peace in your own home is terrible!
rechu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
guilloche