View Single Post
guilloche
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2014
2,704 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 18, 2019 at 02:06 PM

Emily Fox Seaton - Thanks! I really liked you saying that she is the one who should move, ha! Part of what is awful about the situation is that she only moved in a couple years ago. I lived here for something like 8 years or so with the previous neighbor, who was super quiet, I never heard a thing from her house. Not even the TV. So, I'm really sad that my old neighbor, that I got along with so well, is gone, and the new one has such loud little scoundrels.

Thanks for pointing out that the board could still force to remove the dogs. I should actually ask the woman on the other side if she hears them, and if it's been a problem. I just sometimes worry that I'm just super sensitive to noise... my brain doesn't seem to do a good job of "filtering out" sounds, and I get stressed really easily.

Rechu - Oh wow... "the grand trifecta" - I can imagine how utterly horrible that would be! So much noise, coming at you from every direction. It really is crazy to think about how casual people are about stuff like that...

And, yeah, I totally understand that dogs are going to bark when someone comes to the door, or something weird happens. I have no problem with that (and it kind of gives me a heads up too that something is going on outside) - I wouldn't mind at all if they just barked for a few minutes, then settled down. It's the *45 minutes* of barking - lol - I seriously don't know how they keep going for that long, or what's going on in their heads. It's just mind boggling to me that they can go on and on and on for so long!

When do you get to move in to your new place!? It sounds lovely! I'm excited for you!

Do you think you'd be comfortable in a stand-alone house by yourself, if you weren't married? I'm single, so one of the reasons (other than cost, of course!) that I chose a townhouse was that it felt a bit safer to have people nearby. Less likelihood of a break-in, maybe? Even for stupid little things, like strange cars parked in front of the house, it's nice to be able to get in touch with the neighbors to double check if they know what's going on.

But, given my need for quiet, and space... I'm really thinking seriously about whether moving makes sense. (It's also a little hard as I don't think I want to stay in this state at all - I think I'd like to move, but I have to get some things in order first, and worry about finding a new job, etc. So it's not really going to happen *fast*.)

Thanks!
guilloche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
rechu, unaluna

Thanks for this!
rechu