rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 19, 2019 at 08:47 AM

Thanks!

I had a couple other thoughts, if she might be open to suggestions. I don't know if I'm an expert since I can't be sure 100% about the level of my dogs' barking when I'm not around, but my neighbor friend has told me several times they don't bark much (definitely nowhere near 45 minutes straight) and no one else on the street has complained, so I think they behave pretty well. When we come home, they are nearly almost quiet/sleeping and only wake up when they hear the key in the door.

Anyways, we always leave them with some chewy treats. We save the things that last longer specifically for when we leave the house. We also leave them with TV or the radio on. Amusing, my husband had read that reggae was shown in a study to be the most calming music. We tried leaving them with a reggae CD on repeat. Maybe it works with some dogs, but for ours it was a disaster. They grabbed some newspapers that had been sitting on the table for a week without attracting their attention, and tore them all apart. They seem to like this rock/pop station better.

Another thought. I am not sure of the layout of your townhouses, but is their any way can she leave them in a room that is not directly adjacent to your place?

I have a feeling it could be a separation anxiety issue for your neighbor's dogs. Some sessions with a trainer could help with this, but of course she'd have to be willing to spend the time/money.
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
guilloche