View Single Post
ClarinetAndCooking

Member Since Jan 2019
6 hugs
given
Default Feb 19, 2019 at 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Are you saying his bipolar is tied to his lack of empathy? Or is that what a doctor said?
Sorry for not being more clear, his lack of empathy is mainly just who he is. He works in the science field and his very logical mind makes emotional issues less relatable. This part of his personality is very exaggerated when he is going through a low period from his bipolar though.

He has tried some talk therapy but doesn't want to continue it until his moods are more stable, if at all. I don't fully agree with this but I am trying to respect his mental health journey.

Convincing the hubby to see a doctor without shame was one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life and unfortunately only keeps getting harder. His parents constantly criticize his doctors and very loudly voice that he would be "fine" with more excercise. As a science guy, my hubby knows this is just silly and not accurate but he also loves them and wants to make them proud. There was also an incident at our pharmacy recently. He went to fill his meds and the pharmacist heckled him for his mental illness and spoke down to him. He eventually left the pharmacy crying without filling the prescription (I filled it for him later).

Last edited by ClarinetAndCooking; Feb 19, 2019 at 01:48 PM..
ClarinetAndCooking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky